The term of "IVF", "in-vitro fertilization" or "test-tube baby" is the method to fertilize eggs with sperm outer the human body. Or In other way IVF is the process of fertilization by manually combining an egg and sperm in a laboratory dish. A lot of babies have been conceived during IVF, and it continues to offer hope to infertile couples the world over.
In-vitro-fertilization is an option for many couples who cannot conceive through conventional therapies. These embryos are put back into the female partner's uterus (womb) after 3 to 5 days of being in the incubator, hopefully they will then grow into a baby. The reasons IVF is done include - poor sperm quality and/or quantity, obstructions between the egg and sperm, ovulation problems, and sperm-egg interaction problems. These problems can prevent couples having a baby naturally, and IVF helps to solve this.
Causes of Infertility:
There are many biological causes of infertility, some which may be bypassed with medical intervention.
There are two conditions:
- Primary infertility means that - they have never had a child.
- And another one is that the infertile person has had one or more child in the past, but due to some medical problem is impair fertility.
At present, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is practically a household word. These days, in vitro fertilizing (IVF) is essentially a family concept. But not such a long time ago it was a strange process for inability to conceive that created what were then known as "test-tube babies." Louise Brown was the first such baby born in England in 1978, to be conceived outside her mother's womb.
What is involved with In Vitro Fertilization
There are five basic steps in the IVF and embryo transfer process which include the following:
- Monitor and stimulate the development of healthy egg(s) in the ovaries
- Collect the eggs
- Secure the sperm
- Combine the eggs and sperm together in the laboratory and provide the appropriate environment for fertilization and early embryo growth
- Transfer embryos into the uterus
Specific conditions that might require IVF include:
- Tubal blockage or failed tubal reversal
- Cervical factor
- Pelvic adhesions
- Male factor
- Unexplained infertility/ failed conventional therapy
- Genetic testing (PGD) for inheritable diseases
- Genetic testing (PGD) for possible reasons for multiple miscarriages
Services By Mediese:
- Saline infusion sonography
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Semen analysis
2. Asissted Reproductive technologies
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intra cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
3. Laparoscopic surgery
4. Conservative surgery
5. Surgical sperm retrieveal
7. Frozen Embryo Transfer
8. Provides full evaluation and treatment of polycystic ovarian disease, premature ovarian failure, hirsutism, recurrent pregnancy loss, endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome and complicated menopausal problems.
Facilities Provided by Mediese
- Counselling rooms
- Examination rooms, Pelvic Examination
- Hormonal assay
- State of the ART operation theatre and laboratory
For more detail on IVF Treatment, please write to us at email@example.com